Celebrate the Roaring Twenties at the 9th Annual SYV Polo Classic
The SYV Polo Classic will return on Saturday, July 11, 2020 to Piocho Ranch at Happy Canyon Vineyard in Santa Ynez with the same smaller playing field and fast, action-packed polo.
All guests are invited to dress for the occasion, with creative hats for the ladies encouraged. This year’s Polo Classic will also feature a ‘Roaring Twenties / Great Gatsby’ theme so get out those flapper dresses and linen suits!
At the conclusion of the featured match, an awards ceremony is conducted at midfield for guests to gather, mingle with the players, and view the presentations of the Perpetual Winner’s Trophy, Carlos Gracida Sportsmanship Award, Best Playing String of Ponies, and Best Playing Pony.
VIP guests, including Patrons, Sponsors and individual VIP ticket purchasers, will once again be treated to priority parking, shuttle service, private tented seating and dining area, champagne and appetizer reception, two-course luncheon, goody bag, silent auction, and the ever-popular hat contest.
NEW FOR 2020: COMBINED WINE & BEER CLUB TENT
Ticket includes private tented table seating, Happy Canyon Vineyard wine, beer (brewery TBD), non-alcoholic beverages, and buffet luncheon. Discounted tickets available for Happy Canyon Vineyard Wine Club members.
General Admission tickets include admission only with shaded seating for viewing. Lunch options from food trucks (TBD), beer, wine, sparkling wine, soft drinks, and dessert will be available for purchase.
TRANSPORTATION OPTIONS ANNOUNCED SOON
*All bus tickets must be purchased ahead of time. Guests will not be allowed to buy tickets day of event.
*Please notify us if you have any mobility/wheelchair needs.
- Absolutely no smoking of any type including electronic cigarettes anywhere on the property.
- All guests must be 21 or over with valid proof of ID to receive a wrist band permitting consumption of alcohol at all venues – No exceptions (including children or babies). Alcohol servers are professionally trained and may at their discretion limit the sale or service of alcohol to any guest.
- Proof of ticket purchase will be checked at registration tents at one of two parking sites: 1) VIP or 2) Wine Club, Beer Club & General Admission. Tickets are subject to being sold out for all venues and may not be available for purchase at the door; Check in advance for availability.
- No weapons of any kind or replicas of weapons are permitted; bags are subject to be checked by security.
- No disorderly or disruptive conduct will be tolerated; guests are subject to ejection at the sole discretion of venue security.
- To board transportation to or from the event, tickets must be pre-purchased. No on board sales.
- No outside alcohol is permitted onsite; bags may be checked by security.
- Wristbands must be worn at all times; void if tampered with or removed.
- Event is rain or shine; there will be no refunds and your purchase will be considered a full donation.
- No disorderly conduct will be tolerated; unruly guests are subject to ejection.
- Polo involves fast play with riders using mallets on horseback. It is inherently dangerous. Please stay off the polo field at all times during play.
- Horses are sensitive to loud noises. No outside horns or similar noise-making devices are permitted.
- No animals are allowed at the event.
- As always, please enjoy alcohol responsibly.
1100 Secretariat Drive
Santa Ynez, CA 93460
VIP Champagne Reception
Women’s Polo Match Begins
General Admission and Club Seating Gates Open
Santa Ynez Valley Championship Begins
12:15 -1:15 PM
VIP and Club Luncheon Served
Colors and Teams Presented
Polo Classic Championship Begins
Hat Contest Winners Announced
Silent Auctions Close
Silent Auction Winners Posted
Presentation of Awards
- Nancy Eklund-Hunsicker, Chair
- Alanna Tarkington, Co-Chair
- Joel Baker
- Karen Bowker
- Mary Ann Evans
- Andrew Firestone
- Mila B. Hart
- Phyllis Hennigan
- Susan Petrovich
- Iris Rideau
- Pat Roberts
- Katie Russell
- Sandy Simon
- Lisa Smith Wengler
- Karla Zuehlke